The Life of Erin

Married life, home projects, music, travel, movies, politics, random stuff I think of on a daily basis

I didn’t know we bought a fixer-upper! September 13, 2009

Filed under: Uncategorized — erinp @ 7:16 pm

Obviously, there has been a lot of shoddy work done in our 90-year-old house in the past, well, 90 years. We’re trying to fix stuff. We’re hiring people to help us fix stuff. We’re learning as we go and boy, is it the toughest class I have ever taken (besides Dr. Trayes’ Editing class, but that’s a completely different story).

Our most recent project has resulted in an entire new list of Things To Do! Our floors are 90% finished, an d that 90% is great. The other 10% is a long story, and their quality remains to be seen. Because our floors look so nice, (and because most of our stuff is already boxed up in other rooms) we are taking this opportunity to fix some of the sloppy paint, chair rails, and other work done in the main areas.

So, long story short, please don’t expect any parties or invitations to come over any time soon! Unless you want to come help.

Floors before:
floors before

IMG_3668

IMG_3643

IMG_3654

Floors (almost) after:

IMG_3694

IMG_3698

IMG_3701

IMG_3720
Matt’s dream come true:

IMG_3676

And now we want to fix the chair rail that has been very inventively attached into the walls:

IMG_3731

IMG_3733

Advertisements
 

3 Responses to “I didn’t know we bought a fixer-upper!”

  1. Mom Says:

    Wow, the before and after pictures really show the great improvement. It is hard to believe. I guess dad has his work cut out patching the walls!!

    • erinp Says:

      I know! The floors really are a huge improvement. We really need to “trade help.” What can Matt and I do in exchange for help with the patching and painting?

  2. kpow Says:

    The floors are beautiful! Great job!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s